BREAKING: Ole Miss QB Trinidad Chambliss Is Filing Lawsuit Against The NCAA After CFP Loss To Miami🚨⚖️The CFP loss to Miami wasn’t the end of Ole Miss’ season—it was the spark for something much bigger. Trinidad Chambliss is now taking the fight off the field with a lawsuit against the NCAA, and the timing is already raising eyebrows across college football. The details behind what he’s alleging are quickly becoming the real storyline, because this case could expose more than anyone expected.k
Ole Miss QB Trinidad Chambliss Is Filing Lawsuit Against The NCAA After CFP Loss To Miami
Trinidad Chambliss is not going away quietly.
Trinidad Chambliss is not going away quietly.
Last week was a tough one for the Ole Miss quarterback for several reasons. On Thursday, the Rebels were eliminated by Miami in the College Football Playoff. Less than 24 hours later, he would get even worse news. He won’t have the chance to run it back in 2026.
The NCAA denied the Mississippi quarterback’s waiver for an additional season of eligibility. That means he would be forced to take his talents to the NFL. However, he is not giving up on that fight to come back. The Ole Miss quarterback had been trying to seek a medical redshirt. Unfortunately, the NCAA was unwilling to grant him another year, despite his compelling argument.
“Approval requires schools to submit medical documentation provided by a treating physician at the time of a student’s incapacitating injury or illness, which was not provided,” the NCAA said in a statement.
Trinidad Chambliss Plans To Sue The NCAA
Trinidad Chambliss (Joe Rondone/The Republic-USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn Images)
Ole Miss is starting to prepare for life without star quarterback Trinidad Chambliss after his sixth year of eligibility was denied by the NCAA.
Scroll to continue reading
However, they might not have to. The quarterback’s legal team is expected to file a lawsuit in Mississippi state court. They are seeking a preliminary injunction to secure eligibility for 2026, according to ESPN.
NEWS: Lawyers for Ole Miss QB Trinidad Chambliss plan to file suit against the NCAA this week in state court in Mississippi for a preliminary injunction to secure Chambliss’ eligibility for 2026. Lawyer Tom Mars will work with noted Mississippi trial lawyer William Liston. pic.twitter.com/vse9z0jEQm
— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) January 12, 2026
Get notified of the most viral NCAA stories via Google!

Chambliss had a deal in place at Ole Miss to return in 2026 under first-year coach Pete Golding. It was under the condition that the NCAA granted his waiver request.
Trinidad Chambliss is arguing the legitimacy of his case because of “incapacitating injury or illness” in 2022. The NCAA countered that proper documentation from that time period wasn’t provided. Attorney Tom Mars said Chambliss provided 91 pages of medical documentation from that season.
In the meantime, Ole Miss signed Auburn transfer quarterback Deuce Knight. Should Chambliss not be available, he projects to start.